BiPolar Newbie

Everything probably goes here - just for now
DontBeSad

BiPolar Newbie

Postby DontBeSad » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:22 pm

What's happening, fellow emotionally distraught pals? I'm Olivia and I've been a sufferer of Bipolar disorder for the past 5 years. I never really expressed my struggle with it, but my therapist finally convinced me to come clean with my illness and see if I can make some friends. Sure, I'm on the internet and it isn't really "socializing", but it's better than nothing. . .and my therapist agrees.

I think one of the reasons why my therapist recommended me socializing and expressing myself is because I was at my wit's end. My high and low emotions were really getting to me and I found myself wanting to call an ambulance . . . just to get some emergency help. I'm so glad I found this forum.

Well, that's all I have to say. Take care, guys and gals!
Olivia
"I've Fallen and I can't get up" won't be something I'm going to say anytime soon.

markR

Re: BiPolar Newbie

Postby markR » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:31 am

Hi Olivia - yeah welcome to this little ole forum. Dunno where you are based but maybe we'll meet at a Mad Pride gig or something. Or you and friends locally might want to organise something like that. Take care

Wardjoy

Re: BiPolar Newbie

Postby Wardjoy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Hello there. I have been diagnosed as schizophrenic. I am not really from here in the UK as I am from Asia but there's no Madpride in Asia so I am here.
I have a blog about my experience in a psyward and its titled "Hanging On To Life and to the World".Its in wordpress . I've been three years confined straight without ever getting out. Fact, in those three years of my confinement, I never saw a single star in the night. Every night I keep taking the chance that I might see one, but the limited view afforded by the iron doors just would'nt let me.Recently, a thought came into my head. Maybe people like us should'nt try so hard in accomplishing something noteworthy to normal people. I thought, maybe we should just enjoy the freedom we currently have before our next confinement. :) :)

Return to “Discussion”