Black Triangle Anti-Defamation Campaign

Anti Benefits Cuts Campaign 2010 - Mental Health Survivors in the UK campaigning against cuts to Welfare Benefits
Black Triangle

Black Triangle Anti-Defamation Campaign

Postby Black Triangle » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:36 pm

Dear Friends,

I just became aware of you from the article in today's guardian.

I'm posting to invite you to affiliate with our Black Triangle Anti-Defamation Campaign in Defence of Disabled Claimants.

We aim to be a one stop shop for information and media monitoring on everthing to do with the official disability denial factories a.k.a. DWP/ATOS Work Capability Assessments. We want a mass campaign of resistance under the Flag of the Black Triangle (the badge the Nazis made us wear in the death camps) consisting of all the disabled and people with chronic conditions to unite and fight for our human rights and tell the Government to get tae fuck as we say in Scotland. We want to organise demos and take legal action and mount media campaigns and assaults.

Please join us!

Solidarity!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Tri ... 176?v=info

Spread the word. See you at the barricades!!!

John

markR

Re: Black Triangle Anti-Defamation Campaign

Postby markR » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Excellent John
Love the "disability denial factory" notion - that just about sums things up. I'll join the Facebook thing. In North East London (Waltham Forest) we have a thing which I call "Culture of Demolition" which has grown up over decades - since Thatcher really. Basically the Council says - "We need change. Knock something down. Spend loads on reports, surveys, plans. Nobody ever agrees on the replacement. Nothing is replaced. Or sometimes it is but it is so poor that has to be knocked down. So now the ability to create or build has entirely gone. With these sort of Cuts which will be made for maybe over one or two generations, that is what may happen at a national level. We used to build cars, ships, planes and stuff. Now the industry is "change". Cuts will become the dominant industry.

soha

Postby soha » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:07 am

Yeah, exactly, you have posted the informative post. It really helped me ahead.

Milo124

Postby Milo124 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:20 am

I am in a minority on this because I do just find myself switching off when the black triangle and Nazism are mentioned. I know there are some parallels eg demonising and making sick and disabled people scapegoats, but for us it is about the government wanting to reduce or take away the amount of care, support and independence we have and not about making us wear black triangles and putting us in concentration camps.

Return to “Campaign 2010”