For the May17th gig, and this new site I’ve emailed – the email database. One third of the 600 or so contacts are dead email addresses. So the addresses have been deleted from the Access database.
For email mailouts I am using MaxBulk mailer. It’s pretty good – much better than 1st Mail sender. Just output a table or query from Access in cvs format and Max Bulk reads them straight in. Then I find that the setting that works with my ISP – Bulldog is: 1 connection and send each email with a 5 second pause. Faster than that and Bulldog closes the connection saying too much mail.
Then for snailmail I’ve finally learned how to print envelopes from a mail merge in Word 2007. Almost painless but I can’t get it to print a return address. Instead just do a new document (DL envelope) with the address. Turn the envelopes over and do loads of copies.
Mailed out 63 to fairly local London contacts.